Sunday, November 8, 2009

Mom's macaroni and cheese


Last week I received my order of cheeses from Viva Granola and mostly made poutines over the weekend. They were okay but none had the squishy taste of cheese curds. This weekend I decided to make my mother's macaroni and cheese with the cheddar Daiya. It tastes great although a bit sweet, something I find with most vegan chesses. They all have a sweet taste to them that regular cheese doesn't have or so I remember. It's a pretty simple recipe of macaroni, a can of diced tomatoes with herbs, chopped onion and the cheese. Cook for 15-20 minutes than broil until top is browned a bit.
I have finished knitting the shell pattern with ruffles scarf in off-white. It is just gorgeous, looks so chic. I have another busy week of custom orders to knit so new creations in my Etsy shop will be few this week.



No comments:

Post a Comment