Sunday, June 27, 2010

Festival International de Jazz de Montréal 2010

The Festival is back in town for the next 2 weeks.  This is my favorite festival of all time.  I love jazz and I thank my father for exposing me to jazz as a kid.

I was born in 1967, the year Montreal held the International and Universal Exposition or as we called it EXPO 67.  My mother spent every Saturday there alone while my father babysat me at home.  He would play jazz music all day inside and outside since we had speakers in the backyard.  We were the cool kids since we could blare music outside while playing in the pool. (Boom boxes only became the way to play music outside in the 80s.) 

Actually all weekends my father basically played jazz until we were old enough to want to listen to our music instead.

As usual there will be great free concerts all over the downtown core.  You can get further info here on the website : http://www.montrealjazzfest.com/default-en.aspx

Last night we were able to listen to the end of James Hunter's concert happening on the big TD stage.

At 22:00 on the Rio Tinto Alcan stage we listened to Crystal Monee Hall.  She's a singer/songwriter who will be launching her first album early July in New York.  She has an amazing voice; you can hear her album on her website : http://www.crystalmoneehall.com/

On our way to the Festival I was able to get a pic of this wonderful man on his way to ... Your guess is as good as mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment