Sunday, June 13, 2010

Formula 1 Racing back in town!

Formula 1 Racing is back in town and I for one am glad. 

Yes, I am a big Formula 1 fan especially in the 80s and early nineties.  I used to watch every single race to my mom's despair.  She preferred I play outside than watch TV.

I loved Formula 1 so much that in my yearbook I wrote my ambition was to be a formula one driver.

All weekend festivities related to the Grand Prix were held on the "Main" and on Crescent Street.  That's where the boyfriend and I  were last night.  There were lots of people and lots of prestigious cars to be seen.

So, yes, lots of walking again; this time around 4 miles to see all we wanted to see.

The Francofolies are also happening right now ending next weekend.  We heard some of France D'Amour's show and Hôtel Morphée's on our way to Crescent St from St.Laurent St.

L'International des feux Loto-Québec also had its kickoff last night with Italy presenting their fireworks show.  Ten weeks of fireworks every Saturday night.

As you can see when summer hits Montreal we have lots of activities happening around town.  You just need to like crowds though.


No comments:

Post a Comment