Monday, September 27, 2010

Last week of September

I can't believe it's already the last week of September.  It just seems to have flown by.  I do get a bit more busy evenings with bowling twice a week. So, that may explain why I didn't see it go by.

Fall happens to be my favorite season of the year.  I love seeing the trees changing to yellows, oranges and glorious bright reds.

I get to see this tree change colour every morning on my way to the subway and last year I finally grabbed my camera one morning to take a picture.  Isn't it just gorgeous?

I also love fall because of the local vegetables available at this time of the year.  I buy beets by the 5lb bag and end up eating them for weeks.  My favorite way to eat beets is in a simple balsamic vinegar and olive oil dressing.

I'll cook all kinds of delicious stews with squash to fill my freezer.  I especially love the acorn squash for it's slight peppery taste and beautiful orange colour.  Do you have a favorite sqaush and which recipe do you like to make with it?

1 comment:

  1. I'll try your beet salad with the vinegar. It sounds good.

    I love butternut squash soup and spaghetti squash stuffed with tomato sauce.

    ReplyDelete