Sunday, May 6, 2012

End of the Year Bowling Party

It's official bowling season is over.  Tuesday, May 1st was the last night we played but today was our end of the year party for the Tuesday night league.  It's a very small league with only 40 players and we have so much fun during the year!  We did sadly have one of our players die during the season.  She was such a lively person and is still dearly missed by us all.

The party was lots of fun with great music and good food.

As usual I came away with an individual prize and this year it was for the best game with my 2 perfect games of 300.  Here's the trophy acknowledging my feat. 





We also have an award given every year to the two top people male and female who play the most 69-169-269 over the season.  Every single time we play such a score anywhere during the game we pay 50 cents.  I have been known to play 69 and 169 in the same game and having to pay $1.00 then.  This year I really expected not to be anywhere near the top but I beat my own teammate.  She played 15 of them and I played 16.  Thankfully there is no "69" trophy for this award but I did win some money!

It's funny how much I enjoy playing bowling and it was after all the place I met my current boyfriend.

Is there a sport or hobby you now like to do which you never would have expected to like?

No comments:

Post a Comment